Gill Opticians has been renowned for over 40 years, for our comprehensive eye examinations. We are here primarily to look after your eye health and correct your vision. We believe that adequate time must be devoted to individual patients to ensure that we examine all areas of the eye in the greatest detail. We dedicate a minimum of 45 minutes to each eye examination with our competent experienced optometrists. All of our examination equipment is of the highest standards and we boast OCT (retinal scanning and photography) as standard. We also have a Humphrey Visual Field machine, the gold standard for checking the peripheral vision of a patient.
To book an eye examination (PLEASE CLICK THE LINK)
FULL SIGHT EXAMINATION – 45 MINUTES
When you come for an eye examination we will screen for:
Internal eye health
- Narrow Angle Glaucoma/Acute Glaucoma, Open Angle Glaucoma
- Retinal Health, AMD (Age Related Macular Degeneration)
- Detached Retina, Macular Holes
- Retinitis pigmentosa
- Intra Ocular Pressure Check (IOP) for Glaucoma, Health of the Optic Disc
- Crystalline Lens Transparency/Cataract Development
- Naevus (freckle) Mapping and Monitoring
- Where deemed appropriate Gill Opticians monitors conditions but if deemed necessary, by our optometrist we refer the patient to a top Dublin ophthalmologist for treatment.
External eye health
- Eyelids – conditions such as Ptosis, Entropion, Ectropion, Blepharitis, Conjunctivitis
- Tear Production, Blocked Tear Ducts, Tear Quality and Dry Eye Syndrome
- Corneal Health, Corneal Abrasions, Ulcers, Conical Cornea Syndrome
- Diseases such as Basal Cell Carcinoma (Skin Cancer) and Melanoma
- Dry Eye Clinic Treatments Advised
Generating the prescription (Refraction)
- Myopia, Hyperopia, Presbyopia and Accommodation all assessed
- Family History
- Medical History
- Stereopsis (depth of field)
- Colour Vision (Ishihara Test)
CONTACT LENS EXAMINATION & FITTING
Gill Opticians has been fitting contact lenses for over 40 years. In the beginning we offered what was available, gas permeable hard lenses. Since Paul started fitting contact lenses a lot has changed in the innovation of materials and mass production facilities. Gill Opticians has the largest contact lens account with Johnson and Johnson ACUVUE premium contact lenses.
We believe that daily disposable contact lenses are the present NOT the future of contact lens wear. 95% of Gill Opticians contact lens wearers are wearing daily disposable contact lenses.
Gill Opticians Supply the following lenses
Acuvue Oasys for Astigmatism
Acuvue 1- Day Oasys
Acuvue Moist Multifocal
Acuvue Moist For Astigmatism
Acuvue Oasys For Asitigmatism
Alcon Total 1
Alcon Total 1 Multifocal
CHILDRENS EYE EXAM
Gill Opticians has been looking after the development of children’s eye sight for 40 years. We examine children from the age of 4 to rule out any potential visual complaints. Eye complaints such as myopia and hyperopia may not be obvious to a parent and could be mistaken as reduced developmental milestones. A child’s visual pathway is fully developed by the age of 7 and it is therefore very important to catch and treat any visual impairment at its earliest stage. Many eye complaints are hereditary and can skip a generation. If there is any family history of visual problems please contact us by phone on 012853227 to discuss or
click here to make an appointment.
D401 OR D502 DRIVING EYESIGHT REPORT
Gill Opticians caters for all driving eye sight reports. This 25 minute visual acuity check ensures your standard of vision is up to regulation standards. For a learner permit the driver must complete this eye sight report and it is stated on the licence whether the driver requires corrective lenses or not to enable the driver to meet the standards required by the state. We have a new Humprey Visual Field analyser which enables us to issue driving eyesight reports for group 1 category and group 2 category. The following is a list of catagories for which we can complete reports .Catagory B, BE, W, C,CE,C!,C1E, D,DE,D1,D1E
click here to make an appointment.